Wednesday 29 June 2016

Three Canes Invited to Development Camps

The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club is excited to announce that Brayden Burke, Brady Reagan and Darian Skeoch have all been invited to participate in National Hockey League Development Camps.

Burke, 19, will partake in the Calgary Flames development camp that will begin July 3rd. The Edmonton, Alberta product had a career year in 2015-2016 finishing tied first in the WHL in assists and third in WHL scoring with 109 points (27g-82a) along with 44 penalty minutes while appearing in all 72 regular season games. He added four points (2g-2a) in five playoff games.

“I’m excited to get down there and see what it’s all about,” said Burke. “It’s nice to have someone want you considering what happened with the draft and all. I’m going to go play my game and I think everything is going to go well. I know I can play with these kind of players and I know I can produce points against these kind of guys. I just have to go in confident and play my game.”

Reagan, 18, has been invited to the Ottawa Senators development camp that began on Tuesday – he is one of 12 defensemen invited to the Senators camp. The Calgary, Alberta native set career highs in games played (71), goals (6), assists (14), points (20), plus-minus (+22) and penalty minutes (63) during the 2015-2016 campaign.

“It’s very exciting for me and it’s a great opportunity to showcase myself, but just getting invited is a huge honour,” said Reagan from Ottawa. “It’s very professional and it’s hard work, like any other hockey camp or team. I hope to prove that I’m a big physical presence with some offensive strength as well, but I’m just looking to get noticed.”

Skeoch, 19, will travel to California to take part in the Anaheim Ducks development camp that will begin on Thursday. The hulking defenseman, originally from New Liskeard, Ontario, quickly developed into a solid stay-at-home defenseman in his rookie season with the Hurricanes. In 59 appearances, Skeoch registered seven points (1g-6a) with a plus-7 rating and 106 penalty minutes.


“Getting an invite to the [Ducks] camp, I’m just extremely excited and honoured to be going. I thought it was a really good fit, I think Anaheim was probably the best fit for me,” said Skeoch. “I’m just going to go in and just try to show them my style of play, keep it simple and play a physical game. I think it’ll help my confidence.”

(From Lethbridge Hurricanes)

Thanks,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment