Wednesday 23 June 2010

Stanley Cup in Lethbridge July 3rd

The Stanley Cup is coming to Lethbridge next week!

Kris Versteeg will be bringing the cup home on Saturday, July 3rd. I spoke with Versteeg today and he says he's pretty excited about the whole thing!

Pat: How does it feel to be able to bring the cup back to your hometown?

Versteeg: "I didn't really know if this could possibly happen and I'm excited to bring it back home and show it off to people because they deserve to see it."

Pat: What does this mean to you?

Versteeg: "It mean so much. There are so many people throughout my whole career who have helped me from home, who've supported me and cheered me on. We're going to come out to Lethbridge and we're going to have a public thing. We're still trying to figure out all the details on that right now. I'm just excited to have a lot of people come out and see it and touch it!"

Pat: So there will be an opportunity for locals to come out and see it?

Versteeg: "We're trying to figure that out and everything that'll happen throughout the day. I'm looking at letting a few minor hockey teams see what the Stanley Cup is all about and maybe give them a little inspiration."

Pat: So will you get the cup for the entire day July 3rd?

Versteeg: "You bet! I have some things planned with my family with the cup. Another thing I'm doing is that me and six of my buddies are going to play a little street hockey game just like we used to when we were younger. It's going to be a busy day, but a lot of fun!"

Thanks,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment