Thursday 14 May 2009

At Least One Name in the Hat for Canes' G.M. Position

I've confirmed today that current Hurricanes Assistant General Manager Brad Robson will apply for the now available G.M.'s position left vacant when the team let Roy Stasiuk go earlier this week.

I asked Robson if the position at all interests him. He said, " Yes it does. I've spoken briefly with Bryan McNaughton and Herman Elfring about the position and I'll be sitting down with them in the near future, just to discuss the possibilities of the General Manager's position. I envision there will be some very qualified people that are going to apply for the position. Yes, I do know the 50 man roster that we have and I do know all the players. I've been with the organization now, just completing my second year."

Robson is also the Hurricanes Director of Scouting. He also told me, "I am retired now and I want to move ahead and challenge myself. I've been involved in hockey now for 22 years...17 to 19 in the National Hockey League with the Minnesota North Stars and Dallas Stars and I worked for some very competent G.M.'s in the NHL"

Again, Robson is only one of likely many that'll apply for the position. Team President Bryan McNaughton indicated earlier this week to local media the organization wants the new General Manager in place within 4 to 8 weeks.

Thanks,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment